All work that is completed at public institutions, such as the University, must use labor at the prevailing wage. The prevailing wage will meet the minimum-required union wage, and all labor used by the University must be at the prevailing wage rates. This rate is typically higher than what is paid for private or residential construction. For more information visit the Labor Code. (link)

Prevailing wage information may also be obtained via the internet at: www.dir.ca.gov. For more information, visit UCOP Labor Compliance Program.